Mobile-e-Solutions Ltd have developed a comprehensive Ticketing toolbox to allow users to simply manage the generation of tasks and their subsequent assignment and completion.
Maintenance tasks/tickets are recorded on SoloAdvance against specific locations by cleaners or other operatives via their mobiles. If a member of the public phones in a report to the Head Office then these are recorded directly onto the back-office database.All new jobs are then automatically sent as messages to the assigned maintenance engineer’s mobile phone. Within moments of a new job being raised the engineer is aware of it and can prepare for the visit.
When the engineer arrives on site he uses his mobile to get a list of all outstanding jobs for this location. He selects which one he is fixing and enters details of the repair and whether complete or not. He can then move on to the next job safe in the knowledge that the system has been automatically updated.
The maintenance engineer worker needs to carry only one device, a mobile phone, in order to confirm where he is, for how long, and the tasks performed while he was there. Additional expensive and difficult to use mobile devices such as a PDA are not required, and time-consuming and error-prone manual form-filling is greatly reduced.
The maintenance company thus collects in-field data quickly and more accurately, helping them provide a better service to their clients and giving them immediate visibility of field service visits and data logged by workers. Web based KPI reports and enquiries allow both managers and clients to access real-time information that can also be automatically transferred to other operational systems.
The following points illustrate some of the key features that are provided by the Workflow Management feature of SoloAdvance.
- Jobs can be recorded on site by cleaners/operatives or even at head office if problems reported by the public.
- Jobs are automatically assigned to the responsible maintenance engineer for the locations in question.
- The maintenance engineer is informed of all new tasks via an internal message sent to the Job-Inbox of his mobile phone.
- The maintenance engineer can review, at any time, all outstanding tasks assigned to him.
- When the engineer arrives on site he simply touches the RFID tag at the location and can get a list of all outstanding jobs for that location. It is also possible to get a list of all jobs completed at that location.
- The engineer then simply selects which job he has fixed and enters whether partially or completely fixed, together with details of the work done.
- This repair completion task is automatically recorded in the web database system for instant review by managers.
- Managers and supervisors can use the back-end database to interrogate the jobs database by area, engineer, by location and whether outstanding or fixed.
The Workflow Maintenance module, part of SoloAdvance, provides a simple and easy to use tool for the recording and completion of jobs by maintenance engineers. It is not limited to simple job maintenance but can be configured to other scenarios where it is necessary for tasks to be carried out (and proved to be done) at certain locations at certain times.
If you are interested to learn more about how Tocketing/Workflow Management and Solo Advance could help your business perform more efficiently and meet your SLA’s, please contact Mike on 0845 643 4898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org